Controller is responsible for ensuring consistency and transparency in financial reporting as well as oversight and compliance with all internal controls. This is a fast paced, high volume role with interaction including Plant Operations, Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, and Human Resources.
- Provide accurate and timely analysis and interpretation to ensure accurate and actionable business decisions.
- Coordinate finance for manufacturing variances, costing, general ledger accounting, performance metrics, inventory valuation and analysis, forecasting and budgeting.
- Deliver monthly financial results to management.
- Provide a leadership role that ensures a proper control environment
- Compliance with accounting policies and chart of accounts
- Co-ordinate and ensure that all accounting bookings are complete and accurate
- Evaluate business controls applied to the sites impacting manufacturing and inventory.
- Work with management to implement and improve controls as needed.
- Ensure that budget & forecast processes are completed within the business timetable, assist in driving accountability.
- Certify that all transactions are recorded in line with Corporate Policy & Company Code of Conduct.
- Safeguard all company assets; participate in reviewing asset inventory and utilization.
- Lead the financial review of capital projects, to include working with the company owners, approvals and make good analysis.
- Provide finance support including reviewing and delivering monthly financial results, identification of areas needing corrective action, tracking of committed cost savings, supporting corporate projects as needed.
- Review manufacturing information; work with the business to understand weekly/monthly performance versus standards to enable improvement in performance.
- Analyze, understand and explain the reasons for movement in all manufacturing costs including month and year to date comparisons to budget and prior year.
- Costing ownership which includes oversight of the annual standard cost campaign for compliance with directives, cost estimates, comparisons, review and presentation of actual cost evolution and trends.
- Other analysis as needed for product lines or Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting or Finance strongly preferred), advanced certifications preferred.
- 5 years relevant finance experience with a background in manufacturing preferred.
- Must have ERP experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- CMA preferred but not required, other accounting qualifications may be considered.
- Able to work both independently and within a team, generating results with general/minimal guidance from management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with professional presentation.
- Must be flexible, innovative, and comfortable in setting own priorities.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and summarize large sets of data, and determine if the data accurately represents the business.
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills.
- Experience with high volume operations.
- Strong organization and planning skills.